This is an impressive ground floor retail space with big windows in front and back and as a one-story building has an airy and safe feel with abundant light. High ceilings! Perfect for your next pop up shop, gallery opening, small meeting or small event that respects covid restrictions.
Located in the thriving hip area where the East Village, Lower East Side and Noho converge and two blocks from a subway. There is a second lower level breakout room/dressing room/no cooking kitchen and backyard that is available if the use is quiet and involves no music and no noise that will disturb our neighbors.
We have books on NYC culture in the eight book shelves that are shown that can be displayed library style or you can leave the books displayed bookstores style and collaborate with us as we sell from our small book collection. If you choose to collaborate we will give you a $125 daily discount and that leaves you with 90 percent of the space upstairs, all of the space downstairs and exclusive use of the outdoor spaces. To do this, we make you a counter offer through this platform. We have also found that pop ups do best with the bookstore operation open, though we understand when the books don't fit in and are happy to consolidate them into the eight bookshelves library style. We have art on walls by NYC raised artits to enhance your shop and though we prefer to not move it, it can be removed if it does not fit in with your needs or takes up wall space you need, with notice.
You can use the sidewalk space in front of our storefront for a table or display as long as it does not impede pedestrian traffic and stays in front of our store only.
All of our rules must be agreed to before booking:
1. You can provide low background music until 10pm on the west wall of the upstairs space and in the lower level, but absolutely no music or loud noise is allowed in the outdoor space. A few people mingling and quietly talking in outdoor area is ok, but no yelling or noise that will disturb the neighbors. Please close patio door when there is music or noise coming from the lower level. Please be a good neighbor or don't book this space.
2. Alcohol can be served art gallery style like (small servings of wine and beer) for casual enjoyment, but not intoxication. Alcohol cannot be sold or included in a door charge/ticket/package or be promoted.
3. Space should be left broom clean. All trash should be gathered in trash bags in one place inside, which we will dispose of. Do not use neighbors bins. We will mop.
4. Any nails/screws/staples, etc put in the wall should be removed and the holes respackled and touched up with flat white paint.
5. Use NO GLITTER or CONFETTI or glitter or confetti like decorations. All decorations should be 100% removed by end of booking.
6. Your guests can stand in front of our space, but should not stand in front of the business next door or impede entrance into their business or stand in front of residences next door or impede on their entrances.
7. No smoking in the building, either floor. Respectful (to our neighbors) levels of smoking/vaping/420 is allowed in the backyard outdoor space.
8. No cooking. Those providing food to the general public (non-private) should have proper certification.
9. All people under 18 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
10. This is not a public party space, no cover charges or ticketed events.
11. No use of illegal substances or tolerance for illegal activity.
We retain the right to close down any event that breaks the above rules, with no refund.
12. We have no storage space. Anything accidentally left behind will be done so at your own risk and should be picked up within 24 hours. After 24 hours any items left behind that areof use to the space like tables, etc will be discarded or incorporated into the public use of the space and we will not be responsible for them. After 7 days all items become part of the permanent use of the space or are discarded. We make no exceptions to this, as we have no storage available.